Drills to improve the KB Military Press
A. Tall Kneeling Press, 3 sets of 5 reps each arm
- Begin by kneeling (both knees on ground) with tight torso and perfect posture, tight glutes and abs.
B. KB Waiter's Press, 2 sets of 5 reps
- The waiter’s press is performed same as a normal press, but with the body of the bell on the hands, instead of held by the handle. Having the wrist flexed and the full weight of the bell in the hand allows you to feel your lat much better than straight pressing.
C. Bottoms up press, 3 sets of 5 @ moderate weight
D. 1 1/2 Press, 5 sets of 3-5 reps
- Each rep goes like this - KB starts in the rack, press to top of head, lower back to rack, press all the way overhead.
E. 3 Rounds for time of...
- 800M Run
- 10 Double KB Swing (Russian)
- 10 Double Clean
- 10 Double Strict Press
- Rx Weights = 2 x 35# (M), 2 x 25# (F)